quesIs sale Deed valid if not signed by all sellers?

A property was in the name of my grandfather. After his death my eldest uncle had made a Sale Deed for the Land in the name of his wife. My grandfather had five sons. But the sale deed is only signed by my one uncle. Now my cousins are claiming the land as their property since it is in their mother's name. Does the property belongs only to my cousins(sons of eldest uncle)? If they deny to give the share what legal step can I take on behalf of my deceased father?

  • ansIf the property is ancestral all sons have equal rights. In other words all sons should have equal rights. Unless all other brothers relinquished their rights your uncle had n right to register it in his wife's name. I'd the property was self acquired by grandfather and he died without leaving a will all birds children have equal rights or share in the property. In either case you can challenge the transfer of property and demand partition of the property. Engage a lawyer locally.

  • Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate
    Know More

    Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

hi.my mother has given me regd.gpa to sale her share of property in 2014.i made…
MD of Pvt Ltd Co sent email to an Individual Consultant containing terms of engagement…
R/sir mene 2009 mein d pharmacy ki registration ke liye apply kia tha par abhi…
Hello sir, My query is as follows : One of my friend wants to give…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore

  Shaniwar Peth
 Experience: 9 years

View all >>