×

quesIs sale Deed valid if not signed by all sellers?

A property was in the name of my grandfather. After his death my eldest uncle had made a Sale Deed for the Land in the name of his wife. My grandfather had five sons. But the sale deed is only signed by my one uncle. Now my cousins are claiming the land as their property since it is in their mother's name. Does the property belongs only to my cousins(sons of eldest uncle)? If they deny to give the share what legal step can I take on behalf of my deceased father?

• ansIf the property is ancestral all sons have equal rights. In other words all sons should have equal rights. Unless all other brothers relinquished their rights your uncle had n right to register it in his wife's name. I'd the property was self acquired by grandfather and he died without leaving a will all birds children have equal rights or share in the property. In either case you can challenge the transfer of property and demand partition of the property. Engage a lawyer locally.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services