queshow to register inter caste marriage.

Hi, I have been married since 25th April' 2009. We got married in a Temple in Mumbai. I have pictures and videos of my marriage. My wife is muslim and I'm hindu which is a love marriage. And we have 2 sons now. I'm willing to register my marriage but not sure about the documents required plus my wife has got very limited documents like only 12th grade mark sheet and a photocopy of her birth certificate.

  • ansThe marriage cannot be registered as it is illegal. Marriage can be performed according to the hindu rites if and only if both the bride and bridegroom are hindus.
    Since you are a hindu and your wife is a muslim the marriage could not have been solemnized according to the hindu rites and rituals. It does not seem from your statement of facts that your wife converted to hinduism. You should go for court marriage and then register it. This will allow you to marry and retain your respective religions.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have my father's name Surendra Kumar Thakur in all my documents. But by mistake…

Age difference between my friend and his own brother is approx (less than) 6 month…

My wife was govt employee deceased in feb 2007 leaving husband (myself) and a 4…
My father changed his name legally when I was in class 9th...........and by mistake ,,in…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly