How to get new adjournment date from court?

How can I get adjournment date from court? I don't have a birth certificate. I applied in the municipality to issue me a birth certificate. I got an order to be present in the court, but due to some official work I will not be able to present myself on the particular day. What can I do now?

Even the case number is not allotted to us. In this situation, is it fine if only my local lawyer appears?

Ask a local lawyer to appear in the court on the said date and seek an adjournment.

Your lawyer will be able to prosecute the case in your absence. His appearance shall suffice. If case number has not been generated till now then it may be generated before the next hearing.