×

queshow to get birth certificate of an adopted child

My uncle had adopted a boy child 3 years back without any legal formalities from a friend of one of their relative from Delhi. They do not posses the child's birth certificate and also have lost contact with the person from whom the child was adopted.

Now the problem is that without birth certificate difficulties may occur like school admission and to name a few. Please advice what can be done in this situation so that birth certificate can be obtained and my uncle and aunty become the legal guardian of the child.

• ansDeed of adoption is necessary for adopting a child. It has to be signed by the biological parents and In addition it has to be registered. The birth certificate would reflect the name of biological parents.

If you want the name of the adopted parents to be reflected you have to make application to magistrate and obtain the court order then only will changes be reflected in the birth certificate. Please also note that the magistrate wont pass an order unless there is a valid adoption deed.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services