How to change date of birth in birth certificate

My son is 4 years old and his certificate showing 5 years old. His original DOB is xx/11/2012 but certificate showing xx/11/2011. Kindly suggest to change the DOB?

Answers (1)

227 votes

sworn an affidavit before concern executive magistrate regarding his original birth date and thereafter submit the said affidavit to the Birth and Death Registrar of your locality and he will issue another birth certificate. if he denied the same then file a misc. case before the executive magistrate and the learned executive Magistrate after proper inquiry he will pass direction for issuance of new birth certificate to the Birth and Death Registrar.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles