How to apply for a copy of charge sheet

20-Apr-2023 (In Documentation Law)
I am living outside Delhi. For FIR under 377, charge sheet has been filed in one of the courts in Delhi. If my earlier lawyer collected CS by using already given vakalatnama: 1. No summon is issued to be till date. Can I get one copy of the CS from court as I am accused? 2. If I submit application in the court for CS, can i get it on the same day or I have to come another date (if given by court) ? 3. Court will not give CS to me, if My laywer is already collected it?
Answers (5)

Answer #1
715 votes
Have a word with the ahlamad of the court concerned. He will get you a copy. You will need to inform the ahlamad of your situation. Usually they do help you. But the copy given will not be a certified copy, however you may use it. Also you can engage a new lawyer he will get it for you. Should you want to apply for a fresh copy, ask your lawyer to apply for a certified copy. You will be provided one. It may take some time though, maybe two weeks
People also ask

Can we ask charge sheet copy?

The lawyer said that anyone has the right of requesting a copy. The Right to Information Act does not allow for the questioning of the individual seeking information. The scope of information that can be disclosed is wide under this Act. 19-Jan-2023

How do I know if my chargesheet is filed online?

You can ask the investigating officer if the charge sheet was filed at the court concerned. Another way to find out is by contacting the section office of Court of Jurisdiction, where the chargesheet is supposed to be filled in by the police.

Is chargesheet a public document?

According to the Court a chargesheet is not public as it does not fall under the 'public documents' section of the Evidence Act 1872. 23-Jan-2023

Can chargesheet be used as evidence?

A chargesheet, which is a complete list of evidence, is used to prove the crimes the accused has been charged with during a trial. 21-Jan-2023

Answer #2
653 votes
Sir/ Ma’am, neither your lawyer nor you have any bar in collecting the copies of the Charge Sheet. You can collect any number of certified copies of any court record related to your case. You need not file an application for collecting the same from the Court. You can directly approach the Ahlmad i.e. the one who maintains all the court record, you wil need to fill a form for applying for certified copy of the CS, pay the requisite fee and accordingly the same would be provided to you by the Ahlmad. However, you may not get the same on the same day and the Ahlmad may ask you to come after two days as they search for the file, they photocopy it and then they send it to the converned person.
If you are not personally available to apply for the same, then you will have to hire a lawyer so that he can file a form for certified copy of the CS.

Answer #3
830 votes
In this query you can move an application for certified copies of charge sheet because you are accused so you are entitled for certified copies from copying agency, move application for certified copies in same çourt.
Deposit the fees of application in copying agency.
Answer #4
531 votes
Hello client I have read Ur query as per which u have been accused of 377 in an for in Delhi although Ur not living in Delhi as Ur saying u have hired a lawyer who is representing u in court althoug ur lawyer have take chargesheet copy from court but still u have not received a copy of chargesheet till now .
Yes you can get a copy of chargesheet but with the help of other advocate only.
No it can not be obtained on the same need to follow proper procedure then only u will get.chargesheet copy.
Answer #5
451 votes
You must stay in contact with the investigating officer. He will tell you when he files the charge sheet. Download the e-court app. When a chargesheet is filed, the information will be uploaded to the app.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."