×

queshow can i open a hookah parlor?

i want to open a hookah bar in Vashi. what is the process and registrations and licences required for the same?

• ansMake application to obtain trade license from Municipal corporation of Mumbai,  to run hookah bar. The commisisoner may grant permission subject to conditions that teenagers should not be allowed and ingredients used should in hookah should be permissible and not against anti tobacco laws.

In addition you must have licence for selling tobacco from Bombay Municipal Corporation. Further smoking zone should be separate from resturant area if resturant is also being run in same premises. If licensing conditions are violated hookah bars may be directed to be closed down and license revoked.

You would also require, registration under Bombay Shop and Establishment Act, Food Safety and Standards Authority, storage license from Bombay Municipal Corporation.

The process of all the licenses are that you will have to go to the respective department submit requisite application, alongwith which you will have to submit Tax Receipt, Agreement, if on rent/ property paper of premises and pay government fees to the department.