Can a gift deed be revoked or not ?

My father has gifted me the house which he earned by his own source 7 years back. that has been registered in sub register office. but till now patta and other tax properties are not transferred. is there any chance of my father can cancel the settlement and revoke. and if my father writes will for the same property, whether it becomes valid.

Answers (1)

229 votes

If your father had executed and registered a gift deed in your name, it cannot be revoked. You can very well apply for patta transfer. Otherwise, he may include that property also in the will, for which you have no legal remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles