Agricultural Land

I've ran an agriculture business with a fry supplier last year (2013). The business was to breed fish and to supply to other businesses. The supplier told me to buy more than my initial desired quantity and that he would order a certain amount of fish from us when the fish have fully developed. However in the end the supplier did not kept his words. There was no contract for the business between our company and the supplier but we have witnesses. My main question is whether I can take legal actions against the supplier? looking forward for your reply

In the absence of a contract being entered into between both of you the supplier cannot be legally obligated to honour his promise as the promise has not been reduced into writing. Oral testimony of witnesses will not come to your rescue as witnesses have to support the contract. You have no case against the supplier.