×

quesWife went to her parents house and now not returning. What should i do

My wife after coming back from honeymoon went to her parents house saying her nani was sick and she wanted to meet her and stay there for a little while. Everything was normal as i went and dropped her at her home. After a week i called her and asked her to come back as i got to know her nani was fine now. But then said she doesn't wish to come back and she is gonna stay with her parents.

What can i do to get her back?

Assuming you are Hindus,
      in you case you can file a petition under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act with deals with restitution of conjugal rights.

Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:

Section 9. 
      Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

Click here to find the best Matrimonial lawyer in your city.

• ansYou can request to her in writing asking as to what is the reason she does not want to come back. Write 2 to 3 times by registered letter or mail,if she does not respond ,you can send a notice for restitution of conjugal rights,directing her to return,if she does not comply the notice,file the petition for restitution for conjugal rights in family court.Apart from legal advice ,try to contact someone from her family side to settle the dispute if any amicably.Husband wife relationship once enters the doors of court is difficult to exit.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansFile a petition for restitution of conjugal rights in the district Court having jurisdiction

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansAssuming you are Hindus,

Section 9.

Advocate Richa Relhan

Commonwealth Games Village, Delhi