Wife is asking for divorce but husband not ready to do so

I am a Muslim guy and my wife is Christian. We got married on 25th May of 2017 under Special marriage act. Things have gone good for few months until my mother in law didn't involved in our married life. My wife has gone to her mothers house three months ago and she didn"t returned back yet. From that point point of time both of them torturing me for DIVORCE. My wife is innocent and her mother is forcing her to get divorce. I want to live with my wife. Is there any provision in Law to get back my wife ? Or is there any counselling through court or any law enforcememt body to get disputes resolved between us ? Please suggest.

Answers (1)

255 votes

You can approach the family court for restoration of conjugal rights. Notice will be sent to your wife after you file the application to appear before court. She will be asked on what she wants to continue the marriage or no

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles