Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Wife having extramarital affair wants to file for divorce

I found my wife's physical relations with other man prior marriage and post engagement\while being in touch with me on phone long conversations. I spoke to her and we mutually decided to get separated. So I sent her to her parents place and now she has changed her mind. Her father started threatening my parents that they will put case against my mother for fake dowry harassment, I have the recordings of phone conversations. Also I have her confessions about the physical relationship recorded with me. We staying separate for more than a year. I don't want to spoil her name but at the same time I cannot live with her as I tried my best and I couldn't. I am staying in USA temporarily for my work and I understood that there is hold on the Islamic talaq process. Could someone please suggest me if I still can apply for Islamic talaq? Or should I follow Indian Legal process to apply for divorce. I cannot visit India for atleast 6months and I don't want to drag this any longer. Please advice.

Answers (1)

You can still apply for talaq (not instant triple talaq).
Talaq-e-hasan consists of a single pronouncement of divorce made in the period of tuhr (purity, between two menstruations), or at any time, if the wife is free from menstruation. Husband must abstain himself from intercourse for the period of iddat. When the last pronouncement is made, the talaaq, becomes final and irrevocable. It is necessary that each of the three pronouncements should be made at a time when no intercourse has taken place during the period of tuhr.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

How to proceed further if I know she is in relation wid sum 1 n v have sum proof of itemized phone bill n few pics. N she has kept all Jwellery wid he…

Read More

aged 63 i have been torched by my husband since 32 years who has married othervwomen without divorcing me its his self earned property so he desnt wan…

Read More

I am married since last 10 years and have 2 kids. My wife was always doubtful about females and there is lot of misunderstanding between us. I was sic…

Read More

I have been married since 5 months and being tortured, physically abused and mentally disturbed. Without knowing the bad history of my husband my pare…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue