Wife filed for appeal in high court against divorce decree. Advice.

I got divorce decree from family court. Now my wife appealed in high court. What are the chances that I win again and the appeal get dismissed.

Answers (2)

225 votes

Always when you win, if you have any apprehension that other party will appeal the matter, you have to file a caveat by approaching the Appellate Court Advocate. As of now since Your wife filed an appeal, hope you have received notices from the court. See that the court may not suspend the judgment. Engage an Advocate and contest the case on merits.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

220 votes

In general high court will not interfere with orders of trial court (family court) unless and until the order of trial court has been obtained fraudulently. High court may review the alimony amount, awarded by the trial court only if the alimony awarded is beyond any rationale or reasoning. But 99 out of 100 times appeal in high court will fail if it is made as a matter of routine. but adequate care should be taken to defend the respondent in an appeal.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles