Wife filed for appeal in high court against divorce decree. Advice.

I got divorce decree from family court. Now my wife appealed in high court. What are the chances that I win again and the appeal get dismissed.

Always when you win, if you have any apprehension that other party will appeal the matter, you have to file a caveat by approaching the Appellate Court Advocate. As of now since Your wife filed an appeal, hope you have received notices from the court. See that the court may not suspend the judgment. Engage an Advocate and contest the case on merits.

Hi.
In general high court will not interfere with orders of trial court (family court) unless and until the order of trial court has been obtained fraudulently. High court may review the alimony amount, awarded by the trial court only if the alimony awarded is beyond any rationale or reasoning. But 99 out of 100 times appeal in high court will fail if it is made as a matter of routine. but adequate care should be taken to defend the respondent in an appeal.