What to do if wife is not willing to come to husbands house ?

I got married in 2015 after 1 year my wife went to his father house and never returns it's 14 months now. I visited her home many times to take her back home but she refused . Not she don't even answers my call and messages. What is the procedure now? I am a Sikh

Answers (4)

327 votes

You can file a petition of restitution of conjugal rights under section 9 of HMA ACT to bring her back. Court will issue a notice to her and she has to give a reason that why she is not willing to join your company. This is the only way possible to bring your wife back to your house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

171 votes

Dear Sir
Please meet her try to understand her problem , why she refused to return back , discuss with her parents , she still issue not resolved than You can submit application for conciliation with mediation center of your area , there counciler will try to understand both of you an dput efforts for your patchup.
You can file petition u/s 9 of Hindu Marriage ACT to bring you wife back.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
274 votes

If you want her to come back then kindly file a petition under section 9, Hindu marriage act (HMA) for restitution of conjugal rights. Sikhs are also covered under the Hindu marriage act. Therefore, you have your right under HMA. Therefore, when the court will order her to come back then she will have to.

154 votes

Hello Sir,
Plz file a case under section 9 of the Hindu marriage act. this section talks about the restitution of the conjugal rights. You will either get the company of your wife or a decree of divorce can be granted by the court, in case you wife refuses to join you without assigning any justifiable cause.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles