What to do if wife has extra marital Affair

Wife had illegal affair and accepted the mistake ..Had call data and concerned video .. need advise to go further

Answers (3)

152 votes


As you believe that the call data and the concerned video is enough to prove that your wife is involved in adultery, file for divorce under adultery ground. As now, filing of a criminal case against your wife's paramour may not be possible as recently, Supreme Court struck down Section 497 IPC as constitutional deciding that adultery is no longer a criminal affair. Therefore, file divorce petition under the ground of adultery and get rid of your wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

Hello Sir,
wife excepted the mistake in that case you can take divorce as of today latest judgment you cannot book her under section 497 Adultery but you can take other legal steps which she have to face on her own divorce by mutual or litigation you can file but Adultery is no more an offence. i can explain you in detail in our meet.
Thank you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
166 votes

In cases of extra marital affairs, courts generally counsel parties go for mutual consent divorce with the condition that the person who abused the marital relationship is granted divorce without alimony.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles