Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What to do if husband has filled false allegations and filled divorce

My husband filed divorce petition in Panvel Mumbai. He is having an extra marital affair. Post delivery one month he sent me to India to take necessary care from my parents but in the meanwhile he filed for divorced when my daughter was 3 months old. He is not even sending me money for daughter’s expenses. He stays in Qatar and cancelled our visa and insurance. I am not working currently n hv no source of income. He changed his house n now not giving me address. He has put false allegation on me that I physically assault him n that’s the reason he has filed for divorce. I punched him on his shoulder once coz he is torturing us a lot and not taking care of little one. Now he is using that against me that his life is under threat n I’m mentally unstable. In such a case can I still go n stay with him? After his acquisition

Answers (4)

Mam my heartly sympathy is with u since u have to undergo such hardships in ur relationship. Mam I would like to advise u that u must take stringent action against ur husband who has bestowed u n ur little daughter. Mam first of all u must file an FIR under section 498IPC at the nearest police station for all all the cruelty u have been subjected to at the hands of ur husband and after doing this u must file a domestic violence case under sec 5 read with sec 18,19 n 20 of Domestic Violence Act 2005 to ensure that ur husband provides u with shelter n monetary benefits so that u can take care of Urself an ur little daughter, u r also at Liberty to file a maintenance claim under section 125 Crpc in order to seek maintenance amount from ur husband. Along with doing all the above mentioned stuff u shall also file a reply/written statement in the divorce petition filed by your husband at family court. Mam if u r not a resident of Maharastra then u can also file a transfer petition in Supreme Court to get this case transferred in ur home state/ home town.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As per your query i will be difficult for you to stay with your husband. Even if you think you can file criminal case against him and also file domestic voilence as well as maintanence case against him.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Madam, your case seems to be very sensitive. And any one need to take it up with utmost care. So far as legal guidance is concerned you may also approach the court of law under various laws like DV Act, and also can file complaints to police for protection and maintenance of your and your daughter's. There are several remedies available to you but you should visit us personally so that we can help you in best possible way. Rest be assured.

Look it appears you are victim of fraud .As far as maintainance is concerned if you are a educated lady fit and able you will not get maintainance however you are entitled to litigation expense You have not mensation wether you are getting the expense you are also entitled to get expense for your child.
So far as false allegations are concerned they will fall flat in the court of law.question is will you like to continue with such a bad person.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Mein apna medical test Karvaya n mere face pur Nisan bhi the n mein apni photo bhi click Kar le thi as a proof. Bt uske Baad mere husband n uski Famil…

Read More

Hii.. 3year back I had applied for court marriage and registered a leaving relation letter in court.. now I dont want to be in any relation and cancel…

Read More

My friend is getting married. The girl he is getting married already did court marriage 2 years before. But she didn't stay together. Will this be…

Read More

My brother recently got arya samaj marriage with muslim girl but they are not registered proper. Now we want the cancellation of this marriage. Still …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue