What is the procedure to file a case of divorce

I have been married for past 12 years with two kids. But due to violence and mental harassment want to file a divorce case. Initially living with in - laws. Got separated from them past few months. But still they r nt letting me live my life provoking husband for small Petty things resulting to violence and mental harassment. I want to live a peaceful life with my kids. Could you please tell me what are the steps to be followed for filing a divorce case.

You Can go towards simple procedure to get divorced which is mutual divorce but the condition for getting a mutual divorce is that your husband should also be ready to give you divorce on specified conditions you want. If Both of you are ready to give divorce without any complications then only the mutual divorce process succeeds otherwise file contested divorce petition under section 13 (1), (1) A, (2) along with other cases of 498 A IPC and D.V Act for instant relief and can also file 125 crpc for maintenance

Yes. You can file divorce case legally. You can meet any lawyer. He will tell you all the formalities for a divorce. Domestic violence is sufficient to get you divorce. Even custody of kids can be obtained by you.

Hello you can file a divorce under hindu marriage act .and you can file domestic violence case ....due to the reason of mental harassment ..and but both are file separate court....

Firstly You will have to filled a divorce petition regarding harassment and mentally torture in the court, and after that you will have to prove your harassment as well as mental torturing, give them all relevant evidence.etc