what is the procedure of mutual divorce in christian law

In 498a chargesheet is pending I have filed RCR which stands at ex party We want mutual divorce We are christians, what is the procedure of divorce as per christian law

Answers (2)

129 votes

You can file for mutual dissolution of marriage (under the Indian Divorce Act, 1869),
Christians file for divorce under Section 10 A (1) of the Divorce Act, which lays down that a petition for dissolution of marriage by mutual consent can be presented before a court only after a judicial separation of two years but supreme court has directed for one year in one of the case.
In the mutual divorce petition your wife has to mention that both of you have come to a compromised and desires of withdrawing the 498A case. Ur wife has to file written application to withdraw the 498A.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

Section 10 A of the Indian Divorce Act provides for dissolution of marriage on mutual consents which is applicable to Christians as well, For which both of you shall have to file a case for mutual divorce before the Court of Learned District Judge concerned and you shall have the subsequent date for final hearing after six months thereafter. On that final date both of you shall have to file your affidavit in chief (which is basically the reiteration of the plaint himself), and you shall have to confirm your stand for want of dissolution of marriage on dock and then you get the decree for dissolution of marriage. Before that you convince your wife to to arrange for withdrawal of the case under Section 498A IPC. All the best. Regards

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles