what is the procedure for divorce?

Hi, one of my friend got married in jan and now when he want divorce for some reasons. that guy is having an affair with a girl whom he actually loves and he told his wife that he doesnt want to continue this relation with her and he loves someone else and he wont be able to love her that way. when his wife came to know about his affair she's threatning him to stay with her or else she'll file a case against that girl to ruin his married life. she forcefully trying to keep him by threatning in every way with her family. please suggest what can the guy or that girl do in this case.

Answers (2)

106 votes

the other girl i.e. the girl friend of your friends husband is herself living in an adulterous relationship with your friends husband.
she will always be held wrong in the eyes of law so let her threaten, she cannot do anything.

On the other hand you have several provisions where you can shun her away from husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

322 votes

Please remember in Indian Law adultery can be filed only by a man against the man with whom his wife is in a relationship. Your case is the other way around. Since your friend has already admitted to his wife about his extra marital affair in this case the best recourse is to sit across the table and negotiate for a mutual consent divorce. If he delays taking action then his wife might file a domestic violence case against him or even 498A (subject to her having adequate proof). Please ask your friend to consult a lawyer to understand what legal course he needs to initiate.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles