What is the procedure for Divorce

I want to take a divorce from my wife so need to know the procedure for mutaual as well as normal divorce as per Hindu Laws

Answers (4)

342 votes

Dear client if both husband and wife r ready for divorce then they can file mutual divorce and will get divorce in six months. If one partner is not ready for divorce then other has to file contested divorce. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

239 votes

If both are ready to take divorce then you can file mutual divorce petition which will take 6 months to finalize as cooling period itself is 6 months. Or else you can file one sided divorce petition in court on ground of Cruelty or desertion which time would be consumed more then 1 year... For further query you can contact me

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
168 votes

taking normal divorce depends on the grounds in your petition filed in the court.

so, it depends on what are the grounds on which you want to claim normal divorce.

In Mutual divorce, the grounds are not important.

311 votes

Under Hindu Marriage Act there are so many grounds under which we can file a case ex. Under section 13 (1) a for cruelty and if you want to take divorce as mutual consent in which under section 13 b in this 6 months ll get to take divorce

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles