What is the procedure for divorce

i want divorce from my wife we marriage under custom of ata sata(marriage by exchange) i dont have any kind of dispute with her problem is that she want favour his brother side because of my sister want divorce to his brother ... she gone his brother home from last 2 month & dont contact with me ....so plz advice what is procedure of divorce

Answers (2)

251 votes

Firstly you have to send notice to your wife via an advocate under fulfill a marriage obligation. If she don't want to come then you can file a petition for divorce or conjugal rights. If she willingly do not perform her marriage obligation then she is not entitled for maintenance but you have to prove that she willingly ignored you or left your home.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

95 votes

Dear sir
Before informing you about the procedure for divorce, I'd want to inform you of your secondary options. You can file an application for restitution of conjugal rights. By this you can legally persuade your wife to reconcile matrimonial relations with you.
If you do not wish to do that we can file an application for divorce before the family court. Contact me for further assistance

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles