What can be disadvantages for a wife if she files 498a

Iam35,this is my 2nd marriage.my 1st marriage ended in 2yrs time due to compatibility issues.mutual consent&0 claim by me. We didn't even take money that my widow mother gave him as loans.After 10yrs,Got married in july this year.since this was my 2nd n last chance, i had to be very sure so before marriage only, i clearly stated my lifestyle habits, expectations everything. I met this guy through a matrimonial site and he convinced me for marriage.Since iam 35,i told him before marriage only that i will not be a working wife&focus on having a family, Upbringing the kids. So i will depend on him financially. He promised me to give me 10000rs every month. Since marriage, he started misbehaving with me with no reason. Abusive language for me n my family because he was not satisfied with wedding arrangements& gifts. Doesn't take me out anywhere. Keep me in the house and satisfy himself whenever he wants.Doesn't give me any money. I feel cheated.what can be my steps. I can't stay withHim

Answers (1)

143 votes

As you are a legally wedded wife of the person mentioned above ( your husband) if you are not happy then you can file a CAW complaint against him for harassment and torture u/s 498A. in the mean time you can file a case for maintenance under section 125 Crpc and get an interim orders passed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles