Want to file for divorce and get the dowry money back

If I file divorce case, can I also get my dowry back without filing any dowry case?

By filing of divorce case, you may not get your dowry article if the case is contested. However, if the case is settled on mutual consent, you may ask to return the articles given by your parents/relatives.

Hello client hru.
I have read Ur issue /query in which u want to file a divorce case and want to get Ur allimony back from Ur husband as u have mentioned in Ur query but in this regards u have to file other cases as well for the recovery of Ur allimony of Ur marriage from Ur husband .

No you cannot claim reliefs of return of Istridhan/dowry/articles of personal use in the divorce proceedings.

For recovering of Istridhan from your husband and in laws, you need to file a complaint with the Women Cell which will ultimately culminate into an FIR under Section 498A/406/34 of the Indian Penal Code,1860.

You can also file a complaint case under Section 12 of the the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act,2005 praying for various reliefs.

Furthermore, you can claim maintenance from your husband under Section 24 of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 during the pendency of the divorce proceedings and under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure,1973.