Time period for filing 2nd motion in mutual consent divorce

I have filed the 1st motion petition.My query is that the date for the 2nd motion in case of divorce by mutual consent is given by the court after a cooling period of 6 months or the date is decided by the lawyer to move 2nd motion of petition .if it's decided by court do i receive a message regarding the same. If the judge is convinced of the seperation how much minimum time does court takes to pass the final decree of divorce

Answers (2)

200 votes

Venerated sir,
As per law of Hindu Marriage Act and Family Court Act you should appear during the time of second motion and file written deposition on oath before the court then second motion will be completed under law. Then after, court will pass divorce after second motion. It is mandatory. Minimum time for passing decree is 1 month. Feel free to call for more information and give your valuable feedback. M

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

257 votes

The date for the 2nd motion in case of divorce by mutual consent is given by the court ,u can get the date by the court , either u can take it from the court office or simply call ur lawyer for the next date ,and on that date ,hearing both of ur viewsby the family judge ,court will order for ur divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles