×

quesShare of jointly owned flat after divorce.

I have filed a divorce and my query is regarding the apartment which is owned by both my wife and me. However, all the down payment, Yearly Tax and Monthly LIC home EMI is paid by me. I have all the bank statements which signifies the same. Post marriage, out of love i added my wife's name to the property which i bought.

My wife just earn 10K a month and the EMI for my house is around 40K. My question is, in case of a divorce can my wife claim part of the property? If yes, then how can i save my house, as its my only property where my retired parents will stay.

• ansYour wife is a joint owner of apartment and hence has 50% share in the said flat. She can claim 50%share in property in the vent of divorce and obtain an injunction restraining you from selling the said flat.