Separation - Child Allowances - Family Dispute

In Divorce Law
My father had an extramarital affair and secretly got married. He stopped giving us any sort of allowances and started living with his second wife. Since the house we are currently living in, is in my father's name, he is constantly threatening us to leave his property. We had filed three cases back in 2015, SPECIAL RELIEF ACT, 1963 - Section - 039 and 037, DOWRY PROHIBITION ACT, 1961 - SECTION 12 and 18, and CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE, 1973 - SECTION 125. But, It's been 7 years now and he had never been in a single hearing, the case is not giving us any final verdict and no allowances whatsoever. I really want advice on how to fast pace this case and at least start getting an allowance for us siblings and our mother.

Answers (1)

293 votes

This is difficult to believe that it has been seven years and no maintenance or any other relief has been granted to you. Therefore, I request you to firstly check the status of the case thereafter come with a clear picture. I would suggest you better what is to be done after I look into your papers and we can accordingly seek reliefs which are suitable for you. Visit my office for further details. Thank you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles