Safeguard ourself against intercaste marriage

I was working in a government job. I am in love with a girl in my office and she also loves me. We married last year without telling our parents. My family accepted the relation but my wife's parents are still against our marriage. Her parent's are still are unaware of our marriage.

Now we have decided to live with each other and now we want to disclose our marriage to both families. How can we safeguard to avoid any legal actions against us and to avoid any risk.

Answers (1)

257 votes
Since both of you are adults you have the freedom to choose your own life partners. You both are now married. You have evidence of videos and other documents to support and prove your marriage. Disclose your marriage to her parents. If any police complaint is filed by her parents, you can produce the proof of your marriage. Ensure that your marriage is registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles