Procedure to take divorce in state other then where they got married

Hi, me and my husband got married (some say its special marriage act, in my certificate, it is mentioned in seal as marriage registrar- indian christian marriages) in tamilnadu in 2004 and lived together till 2011 in tamilnadu. we have a daughter. Due to mental torture, i stopped living with him in 2011. He is in tamilnadu. I am planning to move to goa with my daughter and find a job or start a business, and not planning to come back to tamilnadu. This might be a far fetched question. but i need some advice. i am planning to continue staying in goa.I want to apply for divorce (i dont want alimony or maintainance, i take care of our daughter and i am fine with it) from goa and serve summons to him who is in tamilnadu. Will that be possible?. I read that case can be filed from wife's present residential place. I can prove my residence once i move there. can i apply for divorce in goa when husband in tamilnadu? Please explain possibilities of this case and expartee.

It is possible to file a divorce in Goa, even though your marriage hasn't taken place in Goa. It would not be difficult to establish your residence in Goa, if you are actually moving in Goa. The notice of proceeding would be send to your husband at his Tamil Nadu address, if he doesn't wish to contest or doesn't appear after the court notice, the proceedings would be concluded in his absence.