Procedure to marry a girl of a different nationality by IFS officer?

I am an IFS (Indian Foreign Services) officer and I wish to marry a foreign national.

What is the procedure that I am required to follow for marrying a girl of a different nationality?

Clause 8(1) of the Indian Foreign Service (conduct and discipline) Rules, 1986 says no member of the service shall marry any person other than an Indian citizen "without the prior permission in writing of the government".Officers who intend to marry foreign nationals have made a written application to the foreign secretary and give the government one year to reply.

Clause 8(3) says, "If a member of the service contracts marriage with a person other than an Indian citizen without obtaining prior written permission, he shall be liable to be removed from the service."

The rules further state that the government reserves the right to refuse permission if it feels to marriage will hinder proper performance of the duties of the member of the service.

Click here to find the best Civil lawyer in your city.