Procedure to get divorce for Scheduled Tribe member

Mai schedule tribes say belong karta hu. meri biwi nay mere aur mere family k upar DV, 498A, aur anya case darj kiye hai, maine bhi divorce ki case 2015 mai family court may dali thi lekin last year Dec.2017 ko court nay order diya hai ki (schedule tribe say jo belong karte hai wo log HMA 1955 k antargat apply nahi kar sakate) une custom & usage lagu hai. ab mai panchyat k pass jata hu to wo log bhi dar jate hai aur muje divorce dene say inkar karte hai ab mai kis k pass jau. maine net par search kiya hai ki adiwasi log hindu nahi hai to unko koi civil law lagu hota nahi hai wo apni rudhi, parmpara k ansur jivan jite hai. meri problem a hai ki. meri bewi muje bahot torcher karti hai aur divorce dene k liye bahut jada pise ki demand bhi karti hai. aur panchyat bhi darti hai ki hum aap ko kaise permission de. mai district mai rahata hu vaha par koi panchyat nahi hai to mai kaise divorce lu. kya mai ek letter par divorce ki notice bhej sakta hu

Answers (1)

91 votes

You can divorce her as per your customs and traditions. You have to convince the Panchayat to give there permission. Even if the Panchayat does not give you the permission, still you can divorce her as per your customs and traditions. For any further clarification kindly book a consultancy call.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles