Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure to file for divorce from husband

I am married for a year now and my husband is my mothers cousin brothers son . Need your advice if i can go for divorce as 4 months ago we lost a baby girl who was born with a rare congenital problem and the chances of re occurrence is high . Its affecting my marriage life too Kindly advice if divorce is applicable on such grounds

Answers (3)

hi u could go for divorce by mutual consent or if he is not willing to divorce you, you could send a notice for divorce and subsequently you could file a regular divorce before the Family Court. Divorce by mutual consent can be procured quickly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, on that ground we can file for divorce., if your husband is ready for divorce we can file mutual consent... In detail discussion you can come down to office.... Let me know when you can come...

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Dear mam, since you have already completed one year of marriage, you and your husband can go for divorce mutually. Once we file a divorce by mutual consent court will give 6 months period for conciliation. after completion of six months, court will grant decree of divorce.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

What is the ground on divorce as I m a Hindu and married with Christian girl 7 yrs ago. On my marriage certificate it is written 4th schedule of secti…

Read More

I want to file a divorce with my husband. We don't have any big issues but somehow due to our personal mismatch, there is no compatibility, it is …

Read More

Can I get divorce from my wife without any problem. I got married 4 months back. Everyday my wife & in-laws are threatening me & my family. My…

Read More

I have been married for 7-8 years now. I want to divorce my wife on grounds of adultery. What is the procedure for doing the same? We have a kid of 4 …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue