Procedure to file for divorce after 5 moths of marriage.

Hi I want to separate from my wife after 5 months of my marriage. They had a meeting yesterday with us and saying that we have to give money to her for stay (purchase or rent) and monthly expenses of her including her son education and all till she get next marriage. They are excepting her behavior mistakes and compromising on above expenses till her next marry. This is more about out of court settlement thing in front of my one of family member who has Law knowledge. She has 70 lacs rupee in her account (past husband policy money). My question is that in such case maintenance or alimony is applicable if she has such money in her account??????? I had a second marriage on 2nd July, 2017 after the death of my first wife due to cardiac arrest on 3rd March, 2017. I have 7 year old son. I did arrange marriage with a girl having 3 year old child whose husband suicide. I was misguided by girl and her family about her nature. Now her behavior is not at all tolerable to me and my son.

Answers (1)

104 votes

Generally before one year into marriage, parties cannot file for divorce. But since your is a case of second marriage and mutual consent. Court may allow divorce within 5 months or you will have to wait for few more months. Regarding alimony, it depends upon status of both parties. If your wife has big amounts in her bank then your liability is reduced so not much to worry on that front.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles