Procedure to file for contested divorce

I have a Hindu friend who is not divorced she have been living separate from her husband from last 10 years With her three children without any support from her husband or in-laws She dont know where her husband is from past 10 years her husband didn't contact her or his children there is no divorce Certificate and Now she want to remarry what is the procedure

Answers (3)

Where is your friend residing? She needs to file divorce case in family court to get divorce decree to remarry. I am practicing in Family Court in Ahmedabad. You may contact me if your friend is in Ahmedabad.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As she is not staying with her husband more than three years by law she can claim divorce by law. She just have to prove before Court than her husband is not with her more than three years by that she can easily get divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

1.Did she had filed a missing report of her husband.
2.If not ,what is the last date of communication .
3. If after filing of missing report seven years had been passed than she can filed a divorce petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am located in Hyderabad but married in Mumbai can I initiate divorce from city of residence and if my wife decides to contest it from Mumbai will my…

Read More

My husband cheated on me several times , registering on matrimony profile and contacting girls as if he is not married. When i found out his wrong doi…

Read More

My daughter and son in law are in USA. They were in India in 2011, registered in Bangalore. Now my son in law has given a divorce notice to daughter i…

Read More

I would like to separate from my wife as I do not feel comfortable around her anymore. There being compatibility issues. She is living with my son (7y…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue