Procedure to file for contested divorce.

If some one's husband doesn't want then how can a lady get divorce from her husband while lady doesn't want to leave with him?

Answers (3)

Dear Client,
If the husband is not ready to give divorce, then the wife can go for contested divorce which is to be filed under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. In order to file a divorce, you have a draft divorce petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

On the ground of cruelty and desertion any lady liable tn file divorce in 13-A before family court without consent of husband that is called ex party divorce without any year must be separation to each other.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Why you want to leave your husband? An India woman should not leave her husband if she is a lady of chastity. Most of the Laws in India are in favour of woman you may go to your district court and meet any lawyer he will destroy your marital life for your personal benefit /relationship.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

After 2year of mutual divorce my husband's first wife want legal divorce by court .in that case my marriage is legal or not and how to deal with i…

Read More

Me and my wife not living together since December 2014.many cases like 498 a,364 IPC and 506 NCR and other complaints are raised many times from my wi…

Read More

Hello, this is in regards to my divorce petition filed in 2013. The other party has filed a RCR. After several unsuccessful mediation sessions he is n…

Read More

one sided divorce to wife possible or not…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue