Procedure to apply for divorce in India as wife settled abroad.

I got married on 18th Feb 2017 and my wife separated on 9th April 2017 asking for divorce all of sudden without any arguments or reason. After a wait for almost a year when I called for filing divorce her brother told that she has left for abroad and divorce is not required, and I should not ask for it. I am not able to travel abroad as visa will not be granted without divorce.

sir, you can able to file a divorce petition in your jurisdictional matrimonial court for divorce. with out divorce from competent court wedlock is not dissolve and you can't escape from responsibility.

First ascertain abroad address of your wife. Then you can issue the legal notice. Their after based upon reply, u can decide. Alternatively, you can also file a case for divorce, after issueing legal notice to the last known address or parents address, later on, knowing about reply/status. U can decide what can be done legally.

File divorce case in India and show her abroad address and request to issue notice through mail or Indian embassy. If she not appeared in spite of receipt of court notice, then court will grant divorce if prove your case