My rights for divorce and after divorce

We are married since2014 .living separately since 2017. Had an miscarriage ( intra uterine fatal death 32weeks) in 2016.i can't handle the mental stress anymore with him and his mother n unmarried elder sister. Always taunting about my dark color, money n gifts from my parents, cooking.Basically I'm a slave. I won't mind doing housework as a family member but at least give me some basic respect. So I left. They never contacted for a year then he called and said want to meet outside to talk I told him to come to my parents home so we all can discuss. But no. He don't want to come just keep blaming me n my family. He says you left without permission on your own so I won't call you back n I never did anything wrong so why would I discuss with your parents .Now after two years of separation I want a divorce. Can you please help me about my rights of filing a case and rights after divorce.

Answers (1)

167 votes

You can file divorce for mental cruelty and physical harassment and above all on dowry torture. You gave not mentioned above the profession and financial background of your husband. Anyway you can claim intrim maintenance and permanent alimony. It will be best to discuss verbally

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles