quesmy mother-in-law harassing me. What can i do?

Sir my father in law and mother in law harassing me so much, they took all my dowry money and gold and given it to my brother in law, they always insult my parents and ask for more dowry money, and they take my husband complete salary and they won't allow me him to spend money for me,my all expenses are beared by my parents, and my mother in law orders me to do all house hold work, when iam pregnant also she ordered me to do all house hold work, she won't allow my husband to talk with me my husband afraid for his parents we have 3 months daughter but still they won't allow us savings. what to do?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      We suggest you file a police complaint under Section 498a of IPC in   nearest police station marking the copy to Women Cell, and file a case of domestic violence act seeking compensation for harassment.

      Assuming you are Hindus,

      Further, in case you intend to file divorce , then you can do the same by filing divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of cruelty.

    • ansIf you are harassed at the hands of your In-Laws then you can file a Criminal case against them under Section 498A of IPC and also separate complaint under Section 12 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 before the Jurisdictional Magistrate Court. If you do not wish to file a case then it is advised to stay away from your In-Laws in a separate house along with your husband and baby.

      Advocate Jagadish N

        Adugodi, Bangalore

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Hi, I need advise on friends case whose life is ruined completely because of his…
    I married a guy in temple but i don't have certificate,and now my husband marry…

    Both parties agree upon mutual settlement of divorce within 20 days. Of marraige. But now…

    I was married to a foreigner. Marriage was solemnized in India. But after 2 years…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly