Mutual Divorce via LokAdalat [after living separately for 6 yrs]

Hi, Im seeking for an advise and 2nd opinion. I have applied for divorce in 2015, subsequently my wife also filed for MS, 498A, Recon rights. recently we came to an understanding to take mutual divorce for X amount and gold. She took the 498a case back in lokdalat completely upon receiving 50% cash and its completed. Now, my advocate suggesting me to attend lokadalat (where he will file for Mutual divorce with terms and money and all); once both parties agrees - case will move judge for final decree?. Since we both living seperately from last 6 years; there wont be an waiting period. Is that true?. Here is the another catch - my lawyer suggesting me to pay remaining amount infront of lok adalat. So, im seeking for advise on this - shall i go ahead as my lawyer planned or any advise?

Answers (1)

318 votes

Mutual consent is applied in family court and once mutual consent is filed as per the terms of the MOU you both can compromise the matter with respect to criminal charges in Lok adalat.

Family court has jurisdiction with respect to matters of divorce and hence it is suggested you proceed through family court and future exchange of gifts and valuables should be before family court so the same is recorded by the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles