×

quesMutual divorce. Threat by wife's family.

my family and my wife live in India now. i wife want divorce . As per police agreement both family agree for this decision . my family return all gold jewelry to girl's family and gave them 4 lacs cash and 4.5 lacs cash my family will pay to girl's family at the time of divorce all this thing mention in police agreement. For apply divorce my family want power of attorney with stamp of high commission of india. because of lack of information and misguiding by our common lawyer i have been send twice my power of attorney without stamp of high commission of India both time it was rejected. it wasted 3-4 weeks. so this time i know the right process. so it take a appox. 1 months to make my power of attorney. I am preparing it with help of public notary and department of internal affairs of New Zealand. On the other side girls family( My in Laws) are giving threat my parents and my sister because they are too rich and they have a strong relation with Punjab police, political leaders and public lawyer.

my family under stress and under pressure they compelling my family to do it quickly otherwise they will cancel agreement will not return our money, put my family in jail and put fake case against me with the help of police and show me absconded. i am totally under stress and depression. my family and me totally helpless because nobody hear my family problems. my family life in danger. i cannot go to India because my visa expiring soon so i have to apply my work visa first. my family told them we are preparing document on urgent bases but girl's family continuously pressuring my family. Please tell me legal way which help me to secure me and my family life.

• ansFirst mention on what grounds your wife wants divorce from you? If it is a mutual consent divorce, you must come to India and appear before court twice. Fight your case on merit, don't be afraid of connection or power of your in-laws. If they are harassing or threatening your parents, they should file a police complain in the nearest police station. Tell your parents to contact a good local lawyer.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services