×

quesmaintenance for wife and son- husband files divorce

Hi,i'm married for 5 yrs and i'm a working women with my salary less than my husband (about half). i have almost 4yr old son and i'm staying in my parents house for last 3 yr(from the time my son was born) due to fight between me and my husband.Now he wants divorce and i don't. Hence i'm not going for mutual consent divorce. if he applies for challenge divorce, will i be eligible for maintenance for myself and for my son? If yes then how much i can claim for?

• ansYes of course, you are entitled to maintenance for yourself and your child, as well as alimony, even if the case is filed by your husband. The quantum will depend upon your earnings, his earnings, your lifestyle while living together, cost of education and welfare of the child.

However you can claim the sky but the court will allow only what is reasonable in the circumstances.