Maintenance case against my husband

In Divorce Law
My salary is 40k per month but in one time settlement my wife has demanded 20lakh for herself and for the minor baby and i don't have this much.\nWhat can I do?

Answers (2)

199 votes

Maintenance will be calculated based on your income, moveable and immovable assets. Courts will also consider the lifestyle provided by you to your wife when you were together. Based on all these factors and the claim of your wife amount will be decided.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

53 votes

No issues , you have to file a counter in maintenance case along with that submit your salary slip and convince the court that you can give maintenance for monthly basis..
If your wife is not working , definitely you will be about to pay maintenance and if she is working its subject to submission made before the judge.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles