quesliving abroad husband tortures -wife seeking divorce

Hello, I have spoken to my husband about our separation and it didn't go in well. He abused me and threatened me to leave my son and only then he will agree for a divorce. When i said i will have to take the matter to the court he started yelling and shouting at me and insisted that even he will approach court and make sure to bring me on road. Please advice in such scenario what should i do. The next morning when he was cool he agreed for a divorce and was even ready to give me my sons custody i even asked him to give me this in writing which he agreed but later very conveniently forgot. Since i stay abroad i am totally dependent on him. Also if he gives me in writing that he is willing to give me the custody of our son can he challenge it later in future or can his family has any rights to challenge his wish.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansI do not think the dispute is going to be resolved so soon. It will be better if you come to India with your son and file the case for divorce, criminal case against tortures and case for maintenance of yourself and the child.

      Once you file the cases from India which favors the distressed women, he will be forced to come to an amicable settlement and agree by your terms. Whoever writes anything about the maintenance and the custody, the same can always be retracted later on as legal rights can not be wived in writing.

      And it will be advisable to obtain divorce by mutual consent as it will save time.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Me and my husband are living separately for the past 8 months now. There is…
    I am shahid 30 years old i m muslim i married a hindu girl and…

    Do I have the right to stay at my husband’s house if he has initiated…

    Am not received divorcee decree.still lawyer making me run behind him for papers pls helmet…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly