Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legality of second marriage with first wife consent

I am hindu. Wanna get marry to a lady with my wife consent. Is it possible? We both love each other a lot and cant stay. Wife doesn't want to divorce but agree for consent second marriage without divorce ? I have a son.

Answers (3)

It is not in question whether in your wife consenting or not second marriage during the life span of first wife without divorce is illegal and Forbidden by law you can't marry that lady with consent of your wife.

For any kind of legal service and law support kindly visit us or contact at

Advocate gurchal and Associate law services office number 5, landewadi, Sai Dham complex Bhosari Pune

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As per Hindu marriage act second marriage even with the first the consent of first wife is illegal. For second marriage you have to divorce youe first wife legally . For further details please contact me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

You cannot marry with any of women until and unless you divorce to your wife
If you to do so then that marriage will be illegal and you commit the crime of bigamy
You have to take divorce from your wife then you can able to marry with another woman

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Gd mrng sir,when husband filed divorce case ,whether wife can go to his residence r office to do dharnas and create nuisance with press and media peop…

Read More

hi sir is it important for us both to b present in goa during our divorce ? cuz as we live in uk im olanning to come down i august to file a divorce .…

Read More

sir my sons wife filed a petition for amicable settlmentat legal aid clinic date is gone this is first letter what we can do howmany letter come after…

Read More

My wife charged false case against me Bothe my daughters are with me. Older is 13 & younger is 4 years. she & her parents & brother never …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue