Legal remedy to obtain divorce & custody of child

Hi. Need an advice. My boyfriend is indian he is married and have 1yr old child. Hes about to file a case. His wife She will agree or sign the divorce papers but her clause is the guy should not have any other relationship. He told me that he cant agree to his wife's condition. Coz he wants the child to be in his side. The clause she sais it can be use?? And what my boyfriend can do?? Thank u

Answers (1)

In India it is very rare to get a custody of a child to a father. However, he can get visitations rights. If his wife doesn't agree for a mutual divorce then he can file a divorce petition. One cannot put such conditions to get a divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I want to divorce my husband who is alchoholic,drug addict ,abbusive and hav extra marital relationships.i m suffering from depression due to his acts…

Read More

i am not happy with my husband and i want to leave him plz give suggestion.…

Read More

All the alligations are contradictory as per her own statement in her own complaint with affidavits she just love married and never resided at matrimo…

Read More

I m hindu n i got married in may 2015. Now i want to get separated from her. She gave me threat to commit suicide on phone and i recorded it. She look…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue