×

Legal Remedy if Ex husband extorting money on the name of Divorce

Hi,   Could you please advise me, let me explain first my story.   I got court marriage in Mumbai 2008 august  I never had sexual relationship with him ,soon after 7 month I got an offer in UAE and left India, since then I never met him again its almost 10 yrs now. I left him 2008 due to he used to ask only money because he was unemployed. I met a nice guy here in UAE and I got married till now my present husband doesn't know anything about  my past., however last 2 yrs all of sudden the Mumbai guy got in touch with me through email cos he came know I am married. as per him he don't want to harm all he need is divorce. I told him I cannot come to India , he said he will do everything and all he need money for the divorce formality and for the past 2 and half years I have been sending money.   He only saying now the process will get over soon I guess he is lying to get more money or delaying process. I have been reading lot on website . I don't know how can I solve this issue .   Could

Your second marriage is null and void considering your first marriage is still existing. I suggest you engage a lawyer rather then getting swayed by your husband and move ahead with your divorce petition. Did he give you any details of the case number? if not then i have my doubts that he has even filed the divorce.

When a divorce is filed the opposite party gets a notice from the court.

Advocate Preeti Joshi