Legal procedure for contested divorce

I got married on 1st March 2017 in India. My sister in law used to treat me badly before marriage, recording my phone conversations and presenting facts in front of her brother to malign my image. Since this incident happened 1 month prior to our marriage date, I let it go. She used to taunt me and pass comments post marriage as well. I had to stop talking to her. Post marriage, my husband and I moved to US and he used to not treat me properly(left me alone while I was sick, used to drink a lot, sit outside watching tv for long hours, not talk much, etc.) He just used to post pics on his social account and used me for it.. When I conveyed my concerns to him, he said he will take care of it but to no avail. I returned back to India since I had left my job earlier due to marriage, now he started emailing and threatening me for divorce. I don't want to continue this relationship either due to breach of trust. Could you please provide suggestions for my case ?

Assuming that you are a housewife and not employed, you are entitled to maintenance and separate house. You both can file for mutual consent divorce after finalising your maintenance and residence issue.