Legal actions I can take against my husband his gf. Divorce adultery

Hi I recently got to know from a girl that my husband has had an affair and she had to go through abortion. I would like to understand what legal actions can I take against my husband. Also as adultery is decriminalised can I still sue the girl and my husband? I want to make that girl and my husband's life a living hell. What are the various legal actions I can take against them. I have a new born kid. I want to understand how I can win the complete custody of the kid The girl just dropped a text apologizing for what she has done and am not sure about where she lives. Can she be brought to court if I file for divorce?

Answers (1)

165 votes

1) You can file for divorce on the grounds of adultery as adutlery through decriminilised continues to be a civil wrong.
2) Child custody will be with the mother in general.
3) You are also entitled to claim alimony and maintenance from your husband (for both yourself and child)
4) In family courts, you can summon the girl to provide evidence.However, we have seen that persons have not come forward to provide evidence as their evidence will be detrimental to their personal life. So , in order to prove adultery either your husband should admit the same in court or you can rely upon any other evidence you may have.
5) But do inquire facts thoroughly and proceed only if you are convinced that the allegations are indeed true.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles