Is second marriage possible without divorcing first wife?

I am a 32 year old sikh. 7 years of marriage and we don’t have baby my wife has some problem. She is also very abusive and some times she ia very aggressive to even kill me. From 7 months i have met a girl and we want to marry but my divorce case is pending. We love each other ao much. In this situation what should we do? Live in is the solution or marry ? My wife is not giving divorce easily.. time is passing only my life become hell now my parents life too. Please help me.

Dear Sir,
As your marriage is governed by the provisions of Hindu Marriage Act and you cannot enter into second marriage without getting divorce from your first legally wedded wife. As you stated that your wife is abusive and aggressive in nature which itself amounts to cruelty, thus, a valid ground for divorce. You may stay in a live-in with another girl.

You may contact me for any further assistance.

Since how long your divorce case is pending? And what grounds have been taken by you in your divorce petition, kindly let me know regarding the period of pendency and grounds of divorce. Indian law does'nt allow a married person to for live-in or second marriage untill he gets the divorce fro the first wife. In case you will start live-in your wife can file a case adultry against you. It is your right to get divorce in case there is irreparable break-down of marriage. So i would suggest to not start live-in relation untill you get divorce from the first wife.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore

Hello,
One cannot marry unless he/she has been legally divorced. Any unwarranted action on your part might jeopardize your divorce case , hence do consult your lawyer before u take any step further. For any further query you may contact me.

You cannot get married without getting a divorce. It’s a criminal offence.Only a Muslim can have upto 4 wives. Only once the divorce is obtained can you get married again. Please credited your divorce proceedings.