Is divorce within 1 year of marriage possible

Abused by husband . False allegations iCan divorce be possible within 1 year of marriage.What can I get after divorce from my inlaws

Answers (4)

313 votes

As per Hindu Marriage Act , No petition for Divorce can be moved in the court with in one year. Divorce Petition can be filed in the court only after completion of one year of marriage. You can get your istridhan and a right to reside in the shared house hold if you do not have a place to live in.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

before 1 yr divorce cant be possible except in some conditions, ........................

Thanks & regards

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
278 votes

no you cannot, get divorce within one year of marriage.

you can file domestic violence case against the in laws and husband within one year of marriage.

you can file alimony cases against the husband within one year of marriage.

for abuse and other things you can file FIR police case against him and your in laws.

rest you have to fix meeting with counsel to know your rights

94 votes

Dear Client,

as your marriage is less than 1 year old i advice you to try to conciliate the matter with the help of near and dears. if you still want to take divorce take help of some experienced lawyer and get it however as per Hindu Marriage Act, 1 year seperation is mandatory to get divorce.

for further clarification/information you can call/meet me.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles