×

quesInter religion marriage wants divorce & child custody.

I am a Hindu girl who got married to a Muslim boy in 1998. I first got converted to Islam and the nikhanama was submitted for marriage certificate we were married for 5 yrs not now I am separated from him past 2 yrs when I checked d marriage certificate it doesn't state special or Muslim marriage act anywhere so is my marriage null n void what is procedure for divorce besides that I have a daughter who is 2.5 yrs old living with her father I have not seen her for a year now.

I want divorce n child custody I was not allowed to take my daughter with me I have now become an independent women who is financially strong now but have no family support can I still get full custody.

• ansIn nikahnama there is no mentioning of special marriage of Muslim marriage act as marriage is done as per Muslim personal law. The marriage is very much valid. You can however apply for divorce under Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act. File a case under PWDV Act where under you can ask for custody of the child.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services